Managing Stress When Quitting Smoking
Taking Charge Of YOUR Health!
A few words about smoking, quitting, and stress.
Many people feel that smoking helps with stress. But smoking actually puts stress on the body. Nicotine in cigarettes is a stimulant that makes the heart work harder, and smoking cuts down oxygen in the body.
Quitting smoking can also cause stress, at least for the first few weeks!
Stress of any kind can be a big trigger, so it's important to know how to handle it.
What can you do to manage stress?
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Do something you enjoy every day.
- Set wise goals.
- Don't put things off.
- Ask for help.
- Don't take on more tasks than you can handle.
- Enjoy the small pleasures in life, like a nice sunset.
- Avoid long lines, heavy traffic, and other stressful situations.
- Choose to be around supportive people.
- Take time to laugh.
- Eat well and drink lots of water.
- Talk with others about your problems don't keep your feelings bottled up.
- Close your eyes and do some deep breathing.
- Keep a journal.
- Get some physical activity every day.
- Take a long bath or shower.
You may not be able to control all the stress in your life. But you can control how you deal with it.
Within 20 minutes of been stopped smoking you will experience:
• blood pressure and pulse rate drop to normal
• the temperature of your hands and feet returns to normal.
Within 8 hours
• carbon monoxide level drops in your body
• oxygen level in your blood increases to normal
Within 48 hours
• your chances of having a heart attack start to go down
• the sense of smell and taste begin to improve
Within 72 hours
• bronchial tubes relax making breathing easier
• lung capacity increases
Within 2 weeks to 3 months
• circulation improves
• lung functioning increases up to 30 percent
Within 6 months
• coughing, sinus congestion, tiredness and shortness of breath improve
Within 1 year
• risk of smoking-related heart attack is cut in half
Within 10 years
• risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half
You will improve your quality of life by improving the state of your health, wealth, energy and freedom.
Call us now and start living your life FREE from the slavery of cigarettes! 012986507